Requisition Number: 16-0124
Post Date: 5/5/2016
Company: Pillsbury United Communities
Title: Youth Manager
City/State: Minneapolis, MN
Pillsbury United Communities (PUC) is driven to meet its mission of creating choice, change and connection by working strategically, creatively, and deliberately towards its vision of all individual and families are well and living in thriving communities. For more than a century, Pillsbury United Communities has grounded its work in diverse neighborhoods; currently operating five community centers, a leadership development center, a professional live theatre, eight social enterprises, and authorizing twelve public charter schools that collectively connect with over 55,000 individuals each year.
The primary objective of this position is to lead the continuum of youth focused programming at Pillsbury House and Theatre. The Youth Manager will provide leadership and actively contribute to the development and implementation of high quality youth continuum programming, including out of school time, summer and teen programming in conjunction with the Agency’s goals around youth programming, as well as providing direct service to youth under limited supervision. To perform this job successfully, you must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. This position participates fully as a staff member of the theatre, promoting and representing the organization internally and externally, and working as required to fulfill the mission and purpose of the organization.
- Develop, implement and evaluate all components of a solid youth service continuum, including out of school, summer and teen programming in the areas of academics, arts, service-learning, college preparation, employment, intervention and outreach.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations of programming; involve youth and their parents as appropriate.
- Align youth programming with the Agency’s strategic plan and evolving mission.
Program Coordination and Operation:
- Provide direct programming, such as teaching classes and/or coordinating services, as needed.
- Oversee intake and eligibility component of all programming.
- Perform program evaluations and timely reporting, ensuring that programs have annual work plans with measurable outcomes and that an effective program evaluation framework exists.
- Develop and maintain formal policies and procedures for providing program services.
- Assume responsibility for program compliance with funding contracts and obligations.
- Monitor changes in policies and regulations for all funding sources and communicate updates to Director and management team.
- Lead the transformation of existing programs and creation of new programming to address emerging capabilities and needs.
- Maintain contact with program participants, ensuring needs are met.
- Maintain a constructive working relationship leading staff in providing quality programming.
- Recruit, hire, and terminate all youth program staff; in conjunction with center director when necessary.
- Effectively supervise and train all youth program staff.
- Manage program budgets, authorizing expenses and ensuring that financial tracking and control systems are in place and followed.
- Monitor program income and expenses to ensure a balanced budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related human services field.
- Three years’ work experience in youth programming with demonstrated increase in responsibilities.
- Prior supervisory and leadership experience.
- Fluent in Spanish
PUC is an equal opportunity employee and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. PUC prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment on the basis of age, race/color, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or veteran’s status.
Our organization has a partnership with MACC CommonWealth (MCW) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MCW in some online materials. You may also be contacted by an MCW employee to conduct or schedule an interview.