Naked Stages, a 7-month Jerome Fellowship for three early career performance artists at Pillsbury House Theatre, will be accepting applications for 2024 from January 8 through March 1.
Deadline for Submission
Applications are due by Friday, March 1, 2024 at 5 PM CST
No late submissions will be accepted.
Applications are completed through Submittable: SUBMIT HERE
About the Naked Stages Program
Pillsbury House + Theatre (PH+T), with support from the Jerome Foundation, seeks to provide a fellowship opportunity for early career performance artists in Minnesota. This program is designed to give artists a supportive environment for building their performance and production skills while creating a stage or site-specific performance piece with PH+T as the venue. Naked Stages emphasizes the development of artistic process rather than technical production.
Artists are expected to be in residence in the Twin Cities throughout the mentorship program period. This is a time intensive program and artists should consider their ability to commit to the program prior to applying. The selected artists meet as a cohort to participate in workshops and together provide a critical and supportive environment for creating work. All parts of the fellowship will be coordinated and facilitated by the program director. Artists will receive support for marketing, technical production, and photo and video documentation from PH+T. Stage artists will share a two-weekend, 6 performances run at PH+T Nov. 14 through Nov. 23, 2024, and site-specific artist (if applicable) will set their own schedule depending on their concept.
THREE (3) SELECTED FELLOWS WILL RECEIVE:
– An honorarium of $4000 to the artist(s).
– A program Director to coordinate the creative and production process with artist(s), technical staff, and director.
– An honorarium of $1200 for a Mentor/Performance Director to assist artist(s) with the development of their performance piece. The Mentor/Performance Director is selected by the artist in cooperation with the Program Director. The Performance Director must have experience in directing performance in a live venue.
– Critical response workshops preceding the presentation of the work, a facilitated critical response session with the audience, a post-production meeting with artistic, production and technical staff.
– Workshops in performance practice with accomplished artists.
– Promotional support, such as marketing photos, a promotional piece, and media relations.
– A budget of $1000 for artistic development and production-related expenses. A lighting designer, production manager, and stage manager will be provided for the stage performances. Artists also have access to the available lighting, sound, and audio/visual equipment inventory of PH+T.
– Access to the PH+T programs and space when available throughout the later part of the process.
– Photo and video documentation of the performances.
The Program Director will facilitate a panel of 3 experienced artists and presenters who in turn will review proposals and select 3 artists to receive Fellowships to present their work at PH+T in early November of 2024.
Selections will be announced by early April, 2024. Program begins at the end of April, 2024. It is highly recommended applicants read all program guidelines at the link below.
In-Person Information Session: Friday, January 26, 1 to 2:30pm (just added!)
At Pillsbury House + Theatre 3501 Chicago Ave S Minneapolis. Or, please contact Masa at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or in-person application reviewing session (available till Feb. 23 per appointment).
Feel free to contact Masanari for general information about Naked Stages and feedback for proposals by appointment. You may contact him via email at email@example.com