Pillsbury House Theatre presents a live Jazz at Lincoln Center webcast of Cécile McLorin Salvant singing Billie Holiday on Saturday, April 11. The performance will be broadcasted in HD at 8:30 p.m. CST. Tickets are free, but reservations are recommended.
An off-shoot of the Power of Our Voices program, Urban Speaks is an Open Mic night that serves as an opportunity for young poets, singers, song writers, dancers—what ever form of expression calls you—to the stage, perform, and network with other artist.
Urban Speaks highlights local youth and their talents while allowing young people to network and share their many forms of creative practices. After each performance, two minutes are set aside for performers to receive audience feedback on there pieces, creating a community dialogue with the performers and space for constructive criticism.
Urban Speaks is open to the public and is free of cost. Performances take place on the last Friday of the each month from 7 to 9pm at Cafe Southside, 3405 Chicago Avenue S, Minneapolis.
Friday, June 28, 7 – 9pm
Friday, July 26, 7 – 9pm
Friday, August 30, 7 – 9pm
Friday, September 27, 7 – 9pm
Friday, October 25, 7 – 9pm
- March 6, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 7, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 8, 2015 – Death Tax, 3:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 11, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 12, 2015 – Death Tax - With Post-Show Discussion, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre