From the playwright of THE ROAD WEEPS, THE WELL RUNS DRY comes an equally powerful and poetic contemporary drama inspired be true events. Two young men growing up on the South Side of Chicago, Manny’s life is on track, and Noel’s life is derailing. Manny just sang at the White House; Noel just got kicked off the basketball team. When their paths cross, they risk everything for their dreams, leaving behind two grieving mothers and a city on the verge.
An off-shoot of the Power of Our Voices program, Urban Speaks is an Open Mic night that serves as an opportunity for young poets, singers, song writers, dancers—what ever form of expression calls you—to the stage, perform, and network with other artist.
Urban Speaks highlights local youth and their talents while allowing young people to network and share their many forms of creative practices. After each performance, two minutes are set aside for performers to receive audience feedback on there pieces, creating a community dialogue with the performers and space for constructive criticism.
Urban Speaks is open to the public and is free of cost. Performances take place on the last Friday of the each month from 7 to 9pm at Cafe Southside, 3405 Chicago Avenue S, Minneapolis.
Friday, June 28, 7 – 9pm
Friday, July 26, 7 – 9pm
Friday, August 30, 7 – 9pm
Friday, September 27, 7 – 9pm
Friday, October 25, 7 – 9pm
- May 29, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness - Opening Night, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- May 30, 2015 – This House is Not for Sale, 6:00 pm at VanAvery Household
- May 30, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- May 31, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness, 3:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- June 3, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
THE GOSPEL OF LOVINGKINDNESS: May 29 – June 28, 2015
May 21, 2015
2015 Block Swaps
May 06, 2015
Naked Stages announces the 2015 Fellows
April 20, 2015