The reviews are in! Death Tax is “a slim but powerful play” (Star Tribune), “smart, funny, thought-provoking” (Cherry and Spoon), and “an appealing and human performance” (Pioneer Press).
Pillsbury House Theatre and The Mount Curve Company will be back in the Dowling Studio at the Guthrie Theater September 7 – 29 with the second play in Tarell Alvin McCraney’s epic Brother/Sister Plays trilogy, THE BROTHERS SIZE.
When Oshoosi Size (Namir Smallwood) comes home from prison, he hopes to resume his happily aimless life, but his older brother Ogun (James Williams), a hard-working mechanic, cannot let Oshoosi forget his mistakes. The Brothers Size is a rich and beautiful exploration of the bonds of love between brothers and friends, using vivid language and epic vision to bring to life on stage the complexities of a generation of African-American men. In a broader context, McCraney dramatizes the ties that bind all of us together and the urges of the human heart that can rip everything apart. Does the love of family hold you back or can it help you escape fate?
612-377-2224 or www.guthrietheater.org
$20: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday evenings
$26: Thursday evenings; Saturday and Sunday matinees
$30: Friday and Saturday evenings
$18: Preview (Sept. 7)
*Students and Seniors save $5 off a full price ticket every day
Pick-Your-Price on Wednesdays (Choose from $5, $10 or $20 tickets.)
Tickets will go fast! Call the Guthrie today to make your reservations: 612-377-2224.
Public Rush Tickets: $15
Post-Show Discussions with our community partner, Twin Cities RISE!, will follow these performances:
Wednesday, September 12, 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 19, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 23, 1:00 p.m.
ASL Interpreted Performance: Wednesday, September 26, 7:30 p.m.
Audio-Described Performance: Wednesday, September 26, 7:30 p.m.
“Pumped full of a senses-heightening oxygen that leaves you tingling.” – New York Times
“Raw, fearless, whimsical” – Chicago Tribune
“A don’t-miss event” – San Francisco Chronicle
- March 27, 2015 – Death Tax - Audio Described Performance with Post-Show Discussion, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 28, 2015 – Death Tax - ASL Interpreted Performance, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 29, 2015 – Death Tax, 3:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 29, 2015 – Health Care Directives 101, 4:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 1, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 2, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 3, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre