From the playwright of THE ROAD WEEPS, THE WELL RUNS DRY comes an equally powerful and poetic contemporary drama inspired be true events. Two young men growing up on the South Side of Chicago, Manny’s life is on track, and Noel’s life is derailing. Manny just sang at the White House; Noel just got kicked off the basketball team. When their paths cross, they risk everything for their dreams, leaving behind two grieving mothers and a city on the verge.
We loved having Jomama Jones in our space. The music had visitors to our Wednesday night free clinic dancing away their blues. The laughter had many audience members rolling tears. And the wishes that everyone shared during the show have filled our building with an amazing positive energy.
We’re sad that Jomama has to leave, but they want her in L.A. where the Center Theatre Group will be presenting RADIATE LIVE! on August 3 and 4. If you have friends in L.A., you know you’ll want to send them to this. Here’s the link for more information.
FYI: Radiate Live! filled 90% of our available permanent seats, making it our second show in a row that has filled 90% or more of the house. . . We’ll have more seats in the Dowling Studio of the Guthrie Theater, but we still want to keep up this trend. Don’t hesitate to buy tickets–and tell friends–about that show.
- May 29, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness - Opening Night, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- May 30, 2015 – This House is Not for Sale, 6:00 pm at VanAvery Household
- May 30, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- May 31, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness, 3:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- June 3, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
THE GOSPEL OF LOVINGKINDNESS: May 29 – June 28, 2015
May 21, 2015
2015 Block Swaps
May 06, 2015
Naked Stages announces the 2015 Fellows
April 20, 2015