The reviews are in! Death Tax is “a slim but powerful play” (Star Tribune), “smart, funny, thought-provoking” (Cherry and Spoon), and “an appealing and human performance” (Pioneer Press).
Over the course of a 90 minute parent/teacher conference, a grieving mother and an emotionally overwhelmed fifth grade teacher have a fraught conversation about the mother’s son, the teacher’s student, Gidion. As his tragic story is slowly uncovered, the women wrestle with issues in the undercurrent of education today–is the system supporting our youth or forcing them to conform? Who is responsible when things go wrong?
by Johnna Adams, directed by Noël Raymond
starring Laura Esping and Aditi Kapil
February 21 – March 23, 2014
Wednesdays through Saturdays at 7:30 pm
Sundays at 3:00 pm
Additional Important Dates:
- Post-Show Discussions with our Community Partner, Minnesota PTA:
Sunday, March 2; Thursday, March 6; Wednesday, March 12; and Friday, March 21
- Free Child Care: Wednesday, March 5 and Sunday, March 16. (Call 612-825-0459 for reservations.)
- ASL Interpreted Performance: Sunday, March 16. Interpreters: Breanna Murray and Jonella Titus.
- Audio-Described Performance: Saturday, March 15. Audio-description by: Rick Jacobson.
All tickets are Pay-What-You-Want. Pick your own price for every performance, every night. (Regular price: $25)
But tickets online or call 612-825-0459.
Note: Gidion’s Knot contains graphic, violent language. Not suited for ages 14 or younger.
Run time: 75 minutes, no intermission.
You’re not looking at this in the right light
You’re not looking at this in the right light is a multi-media installation by Allison Bolah in response to Gidion’s Knot. The installation considers both Pillsbury House’s community and facilities as it explores young people’s experiences of miscommunication. Through video, still photographs, ‘classroom’ installations, and web-based pieces, this project engages youth and adults who use the Pillsbury House space. Read more…
- April 2, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 3, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 4, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 11, 2015 – Estate Planning: What You Need to Know, 1:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 11, 2015 – Cécile McLorin Salvant sings Billie Holiday - Live Webcast, 8:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 20, 2015 – Chicago Avenue Project: Elvis Has Left the Building, 7:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 21, 2015 – Chicago Avenue Project: Elvis Has Left the Building, 4:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
For Discussion: DEATH TAX
March 09, 2015
DEATH TAX Workshops
March 03, 2015
Cécile McLorin Salvant sings Billie Holiday – Live Webcast
March 02, 2015