Pillsbury House Theatre’s 2015 season includes a world premiere by Tracey Scott Wilson and an area premiere by Marcus Gardley, which will be directed by Marion McClinton.
We sold 96% of the seats we had available to sell for this world premiere play by Tracey Scott Wilson, BUZZER, directed by Marion McClinton. Even better–the conversations the show sparked in our lobby and around our neighborhood reverberated far and wide.
This is the kind of work we love to do: relevant and topical but always also of the highest artist quality and about people more than about any particular issue.
Kudos to Sara Richardson, Namir Smallwood, and Hugh Kennedy for their incredible work together. (You should have seen how tightly knit they became as a cast.) And thanks to all the people who came to see the show and then came back with friends, or told friends, or organized post-show conversations themselves.
This is the kind of work we love to do, to spark conversation and inspire people to look at themselves and their neighbors and their neighborhood with new compassionate perspectives, but it isn’t always easy to get that reaction. Thank you for being open to the experience with us.
- March 6, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 7, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 8, 2015 – Death Tax, 3:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 11, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 12, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre