A suspenseful and captivating dark comedy by Lucas Hnath about the tensions between family and money, life and death.
We sold 96% of the seats we had available to sell for this world premiere play by Tracey Scott Wilson, BUZZER, directed by Marion McClinton. Even better–the conversations the show sparked in our lobby and around our neighborhood reverberated far and wide.
This is the kind of work we love to do: relevant and topical but always also of the highest artist quality and about people more than about any particular issue.
Kudos to Sara Richardson, Namir Smallwood, and Hugh Kennedy for their incredible work together. (You should have seen how tightly knit they became as a cast.) And thanks to all the people who came to see the show and then came back with friends, or told friends, or organized post-show conversations themselves.
This is the kind of work we love to do, to spark conversation and inspire people to look at themselves and their neighbors and their neighborhood with new compassionate perspectives, but it isn’t always easy to get that reaction. Thank you for being open to the experience with us.
- January 28, 2015 – The Life We Were Given is the Life that We Live, 6:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- January 31, 2015 – Pharoah Sanders Live Webcast from Lincoln Center, 8:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- February 12, 2015 – Naked Stages Informational Meeting, 6:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- February 18, 2015 – Naked Stages Informational Meeting, 6:30 pm at Center for Hmong Arts & Talent (CHAT)
- February 28, 2015 – Naked Stages Study Halll, 1:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 6, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre