From the playwright of THE ROAD WEEPS, THE WELL RUNS DRY comes an equally powerful and poetic contemporary drama inspired be true events. Two young men growing up on the South Side of Chicago, Manny’s life is on track, and Noel’s life is derailing. Manny just sang at the White House; Noel just got kicked off the basketball team. When their paths cross, they risk everything for their dreams, leaving behind two grieving mothers and a city on the verge.
You probably know something about what happens here at 35th & Chicago, but it is likely that much of what we do remains a mystery. Did you know about our bike shop staffed by homeless teens? What about our free medical clinic open two days a week on the third floor?
We recently started hosting tours of PH+T that show it all. Depending on the day and time, you’ll likely see what is happening in the theatre (and backstage), as well as in the bike shop, the childcare center, the commercial kitchen, the library, the balcony, the youth art room, the dance studio, the clinic, and more.
Our first tour groups have been surprised to learn:
• Our lead childcare teacher Charlene has been here for 20 years, and has cared for multiple generations of some families.
• Organizations like Upstream Arts and Obsidian Arts office here and complement our mission.
• We have free coffee in the lobby all day long.
Join an existing tour group, or bring your own group for a tour. E-mail Corrie or call 612-787-3642.
- May 29, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness - Opening Night, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- May 30, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- May 31, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness, 3:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- June 3, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- June 4, 2015 – The Gospel of Lovingkindness, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
2015 Block Swaps
May 06, 2015
THE GOSPEL OF LOVINGKINDNESS: May 29 – June 28, 2015
April 21, 2015
Naked Stages announces the 2015 Fellows
April 20, 2015