The reviews are in! Death Tax is “a slim but powerful play” (Star Tribune), “smart, funny, thought-provoking” (Cherry and Spoon), and “an appealing and human performance” (Pioneer Press).
Over the summer a fantastic group of young artists from across the Twin Cities were given the opportunity to create a performance about their hopes and dreams for the their lives, their community, and their world, using poetry dance and video. The result is 8 Stages.
8 Stages is an examination of the meaning of the 8 stages of genocide as they relate to a diverse group of Twin City youth. 8 Stages takes place in a fictional high school and examines the roles that students feel they must fit into in order to become a part of the system.
The original script features poetry, dance and theater all created and performed by teens from South Minneapolis.
Performance dates for 8 Stages:
September 22, at the Minneapolis Central Library
Presentations, 2:00-4:00 pm
Reception, 4:00-5:00 PM
(Light appetizers will be served)
RSVP online: http://summer612mpls.eventbrite.com
October 1 at Brooklyn Center High
October 10, 7pm at the U.N.I.T.Y. City Convening at the Minneapolis Central Library
November 14, at Community of Peace Academy in Saint Paul
December 21, 7pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre, Admission is free
- April 1, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 2, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 3, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 4, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- April 11, 2015 – Estate Planning: What You Need to Know, 1:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre