A suspenseful and captivating dark comedy by Lucas Hnath about the tensions between family and money, life and death.
Over the summer a fantastic group of young artists from across the Twin Cities were given the opportunity to create a performance about their hopes and dreams for the their lives, their community, and their world, using poetry dance and video. The result is 8 Stages.
8 Stages is an examination of the meaning of the 8 stages of genocide as they relate to a diverse group of Twin City youth. 8 Stages takes place in a fictional high school and examines the roles that students feel they must fit into in order to become a part of the system.
The original script features poetry, dance and theater all created and performed by teens from South Minneapolis.
Performance dates for 8 Stages:
September 22, at the Minneapolis Central Library
Presentations, 2:00-4:00 pm
Reception, 4:00-5:00 PM
(Light appetizers will be served)
RSVP online: http://summer612mpls.eventbrite.com
October 1 at Brooklyn Center High
October 10, 7pm at the U.N.I.T.Y. City Convening at the Minneapolis Central Library
November 14, at Community of Peace Academy in Saint Paul
December 21, 7pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre, Admission is free
- February 12, 2015 – Naked Stages Informational Meeting, 6:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- February 18, 2015 – Naked Stages Informational Meeting, 6:30 pm at Center for Hmong Arts & Talent (CHAT)
- February 28, 2015 – Naked Stages Study Halll, 1:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 6, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 7, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
2015 Naked Stages Artist Applications
January 23, 2015
DEATH TAX: March 6 – April 5, 2015
January 13, 2015
Pharoah Sanders Live Jazz at Lincoln Center Webcast
January 06, 2015