A suspenseful and captivating dark comedy by Lucas Hnath about the tensions between family and money, life and death.
Artist Applications for the 2013 Naked Stages Program are now available.
Informational Meetings for prospective applicants:
Monday, February 18th at 6:30 p.m.
Pillsbury House Theatre (Map and Directions)
Sunday, February 24th at noon
The Center for Hmong Arts and Talent, 995 University Ave W, Suite 220, Saint Paul
Deadline for Submissions:
Applications must be received by 5:00p.m. March 15, 2013.
Mail or deliver complete application to:
Pillsbury House Theatre, Attn: Naked Stages
3501 Chicago Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55407
About the Naked Stages Program
The goal of this program is to assist artists in acquiring tools to further their performance careers, including workshop opportunities in performance, critical response skills, marketing, and technical production. This program emphasizes the development of artistic process rather than technical production. To this end, artists are not permitted to supplement their technical budget with additional grant funds. Artists are expected to be in residence in the Twin Cities for the mentorship program and production period. This is a time intensive program and artists should consider their ability to commit to the program prior to the application process.
The selected artists meet as a group to participate in workshops and provide a critical and supportive environment for creating work. All parts of this process will be coordinated and facilitated by the Program Artistic Director. Artists receive support for marketing, technical production, and photo and video documentation from the Pillsbury House Theatre staff, as well as program funding for a director and additional artistic personnel. Two artists will share a two-weekend run at Pillsbury House Theatre December 5th – 7th and Dec. 12th – 14th, 2012, and one installation-based artist will set their own schedule depending on their concept.
Changes to the Naked Stages program for 2013
Please note the following changes to the Naked Stages program for 2013 based on feedback from past recipients:
- There will only be three Naked Stages projects selected this year. This allows us to increase the honorarium for artists and their directors.
- Two artists/groups will perform their work on stage over two weekends in December. We are seeking a third artist/group who will apply with a performance-based installation of their own design that will be presented in or around the building in a time-frame that the artist chooses.
- Nationally renowned playwright, touring artist, and teacher Sharon Bridgforth will take on a larger role as mentor throughout the fellowship period alongside Program Director Molly Van Avery. Laurie Carlos is stepping aside from her as Artistic Director of the program. Laurie transitioned Naked Stages from Intermedia Arts to Pillsbury House + Theatre. She infused Naked Stages with her wisdom, her experience, and her faith in artists fearlessly and ferociously for the past several years. She will be missed, though her impact on the program will remain strong.
Application to Naked Stages
Artist proposals will be sought through an open call and through nominations by Twin Cities’ presenters. All applicants, even those nominated, must submit an application and go through the evaluation process. The Program Artistic Director along with a panel of experienced artists and presenters will review proposals. Three artists will be selected to present their work at Pillsbury House Theatre in December, 2013. Selections will be announced and the program will begin in April 2013. Download the Application (PDF) »
- February 28, 2015 – Naked Stages Study Halll, 1:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 6, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 7, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 8, 2015 – Death Tax, 3:00 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 11, 2015 – Death Tax, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre
- March 12, 2015 – Death Tax - With Post-Show Discussion, 7:30 pm at Pillsbury House + Theatre